What we do
Our responsibility is to protect the rights of people who live at SSLCs (PDF).
Each state supported living center has an assistant independent ombudsman onsite to independently investigate and monitor concerns. The responsibilities of the Office of the Independent Ombudsman are to:
- Use person-centered practices to advocate for residents and their families.
- Investigate complaints and respond to inquiries.
- Monitor abuse, neglect, and exploitation investigations.
- Evaluate the SSLC investigation process.
- Conduct audits (program review).
- Make recommendations to the governor, legislature, HHS and SSLCs.
- Refer complaints outside our scope of practice.
If you have other concerns
To report suspected cases of abuse, neglect or exploitation at an SSLC or anywhere, contact HHS Provider Investigations at 800-252-5400.
Contact the Long-term Care Ombudsman's Office about the quality of care at a nursing home or assisted-living facility at 800-252-2412.
For other issues related to HHS, contact the HHS Ombudsman at 877-787-8999.